I installed sucessfully Anaconda3 today for my PC Win10 64 bit platform. Python 3.8
I followed your instructions on running the TG_V6.6.pyw - Shortcut using the APP c:/ProgramData/Anaconda3 folder and selected pythonw.exe.
I waited ...
Any help would be appreciated.
I copied the following from the TG instructions page. Is this what you did?
After successfully installing Anaconda –
- Navigate to c:/ProgramData/Anaconda3 using Windows Explorer and create a new subfolder “Photometry” – e.g. c:/ProgramData/Anaconda3/Photometry.
- Copy the two files downloaded earlier - TG_V6.8.pyw and M67_T17_20140330_Photometry_Demo_instrument_mags.txt - into the Photometry folder.
- Create a desktop icon to start the program by navigating to the TG_V6.8.pyw file in c:/ProgramData/Anaconda3/Photometry; right-click on the file name, and select “Send to” > "Desktop (create shortcut)".
- Double click the icon to start the program.
If Windows requests you identify what program to use to execute TG_V6.8.pyw, navigate and select c:/ProgramData/Anaconda3/pythonw.exe. You will need to scroll down all the installed apps and at the bottom, select the option to open Explorer where you can navigate to the c:/ProgramData/Anaconda3 folder and select pythonw.exe. The program you select is automatically used in the future. FYI, when you start the program with the icon the first time, it may take 15-30 seconds to start – be patient.
If TG has not started, use this approach:
- Open Anaconda Navigator
- Launch Spyder
- Navigate to TG_V6.8.pyw in the photometry folder and open it.
- “Run” the program