TCP J18573095+1653396 = ZTF19aasfsjq (N:)
(submitted to VSX)
Discovered on 2021 June 12.537 UT at mag. 8.4 by Seiji Ueda (Kushiro, Hokkaido, Japan):
ZTF light curve, data, and images (via Lasair):
Possibly recorded on the rise (gmag. ~16.3 on June 12.192 UT) by the ASAS-SN Sky Patrol:
Source No. 4514092717838547584 in Gaia EDR3 (Gmag. 19.95).
Spectroscopy and multiband photometry are urgently required.
All-Sky Automated Survey for Supernovae (ASAS-SN) Sky Patrol:
- Shappee et al., 2014ApJ...788...48S
- Kochanek et al., 2017PASP..129j4502K
- Smith et al., 2019RNAAS...3...26S
Zwicky Transient Facility (ZTF):
- Masci et al., 2019PASP..131a8003M
Early low res spectrum mentioned in CBAT doesn't see any prominent emission features.
I'm also now taking low res spectrum and can't see anything obvious. Is this to be expected in very young novae or are you supposed to see a Halpha line right away?
I observed it from Yuzhno-Morskoy (near Nakhodka), Russia:
2021 Jun. 12.72375 6.24 +/-0.05 TG.
My photo: https://www.flickr.com/photos/filipp-romanov/51242904498 Canon EOS 60D camera, focal length 44-mm, f/5, ISO-3200, stacked 32x10 sec.
With best regards, Filipp.
AAVSO Alert Notice 745 reports on the very fast nova N Her 2021. Please see the notice for details and observing instructions.
There are threads for this object under the following forums:
- Novae: https://www.aavso.org/https://www.aavso.org/tcp-j185730951653396-bright-probable-nova-mag-64-hercules
- Cataclysmic Variables: https://www.aavso.org/bright-nova-hercules-tcp-j185730951653396
- Time Sensitive Alerts: https://www.aavso.org/tcp-j185730951653396-bright-probable-nova-mag-64-hercules (goes to thread in Novae forum)
Please subscribe to these threads if you are observing this nova so you can be updated as to its behavior and any observing campaigns on it. Join in the discussion or ask questions there!
Many thanks, and Good observing,
Elizabeth O. Waagen, AAVSO HQ
Remotely using 0.355-m f/6.2 Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope of Abbey Ridge Observatory (Canada):
2021 06 13.09546 5.231 I +/- 0.098
2021 06 13.09476 6.024 R +/- 0.070
2021 06 13.09562 6.763 V +/- 0.012
2021 06 13.09575 7.618 B +/- 0.067
2021 06 14.10563 6.943 I +/- 0.063
2021 06 14.10608 7.198 R +/- 0.044
2021 06 14.10637 8.524 V +/- 0.010
2021 06 14.10534 9.016 B +/- 0.059